Over the last 39 years, Mr. Winer has represented clients in a variety of civil lawsuits and appeals. Business, real estate, declaratory actions, corporate, administrative, estates and trusts are some of the areas Mr. Winer has litigated. Specific examples of the diverse cases he has encountered are as follows.
- Indian gambling – represented the Seminole Indian Tribe in one of the first cases to establish Indians’ rights to conduct gambling on their reservations.
- Multi-million dollar property tax reduction – represented Victor Posner’s company to obtain what is believed to be one of largest reductions in property taxes in Florida.
- Million-dollar punitive damage award against a bank in the early 1980′s – represented Costa Rican couple against their bank for wrongfully taking their savings.
- Striking ordinances and statutes – represented numerous businesses and organizations against governmental entities to strike ordinances and statutes that unconstitutionally or illegally threatened their existence.
- Successfully defended New Zealand receiver on appeal facing personal, multi-million dollar exposure. Issue there, as with many of his appeals both in New Zealand and the U.S., involved analysis and interpretation of statutory schemes.
- Million-dollar plus Judgment in a legal malpractice case.
- Evicted a national grocery store in the middle of its operations.